Corporate Diversity Honor Roll - IMDiversity
Diversity at Covance
Harnessing diversity for competitive advantage.
At Covance, we understand, respect and value differences. We know that embracing the skills, cultures, ideas and experiences of every employee around the world gives us a clear competitive advantage. Our diverse perspectives make us a more insightful partner and reveal new opportunities for our employees and our clients.
Inclusive culture. Global impact.
Our culture is supportive and respectful, enabling you to achieve your potential.
It’s the foundation for how we work with each other and in our communities.
It strengthens our relationships with our clients.
Our Employee Resource Groups are a channel to connect employees.
Groups range from advocates and allies for women, parents and veterans to our Covance Pride Network (for LGBT employees and allies); and from our GoGreen Committee to our Diversity Awareness Committee(s). Many members partner with local volunteer organizations, too, building awareness about our brand, recruiting talent and strengthening our bond with our communities.
They are united in purpose.
Our resource groups:
- Create networking opportunities for employees with a common interest or culture.
- Strengthen our commitment to an inclusive working environment.
- Attract, develop, grow and retain proactive, insightful talent.
- Increase awareness of and respect for diversity and inclusion.
- Generate learning opportunities.
- Serve as ambassadors who deliver on Covance’s mission.
Our commitment to diversity is more than words.
Our Global Diversity Council (GDC) consists of representatives from our global community, each business unit, support group and region(s). This advisory council consults and advises Covance leadership on diversity and inclusion matters and initiatives, shares best practices and helps make sure inclusive practices are implemented company-wide. Council diversity leaders are responsible for:
- Championing diversity objectives to promote dialogue and communication.
- Developing a long-term diversity strategy.
- Creating and monitoring annual action plans.
- Assessing how well those action plans are progressing.
- Driving business-unit initiatives.
- Rallying our resources behind diversity initiatives.
- Leading by example, and coaching and guiding others on the importance of diversity.