Finance Management Development Program
Covance, a world leader in drug development, is dedicated to constant investment in its most valuable resource – its employees. As a part of this commitment, Covance is proud to offer the Finance Management Development Program.
Created to help accelerate the development of our future business leaders, the FMDP will offer recent college graduates 'real-life' experience and classroom training to help develop financial skills, leadership and teamwork ability.
What Is It?
Three one-year rotational assignments in a highly visible position:
- Rotate through key disciplines of Finance
- Experience two to three different businesses
- Live in different parts of the country
- Senior management oversight of program
- Continuous learning, training and development
Who Are We Looking For?
- Bright and enthusiastic recent grads pursuing Bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- Demonstrated leaders who have the ability to work as part of a team
- Relevant internship experience
- Must be open to relocation
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus program and merit increases based on performance
- Extensive training and development
- Opportunity to network and be mentored by senior-level finance leaders in the organization
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
The Rotational Experience
- FMDP participants will receive periodic reviews and annual formal evaluations
- Training sessions will be graded to ensure that topics are understood
- Movement to next assignment is based on overall performance
- Next rotation assignment will be based on FMDP participants' developmental needs and business unit requirements
- Treasury/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Investor Relations/Competitive Landscape
- Internal Auditing
- Pricing/Contract Management
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Cost Accounting in a Service Industry and Inventory Accounting
- Capital & IT Investment
- Forecasting, Planning, and Analysis
- Anatomy of a Clinical Trial
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Six Sigma
- Problem Solving/Decision Making/Business Case Analysis
- Business Integrity
Here is what our current participants have to say about the program...
“The FMDP program allows me to learn much more about how the finance and accounting components of Covance work through learning the business from the bottom up, and by spending time on the ground in each of the major pieces of the company. My background is strong in the sciences and I have a love for finance, so this program helps me align both of my interests. I chose Covance because I believe the market has a great need for the services we provide, and I want to help spearhead the growth of this company both at home and abroad.”
“I wanted to be a part of the FMDP program at Covance for the chance to travel and explore different areas of finance. The rotational aspect of the program allows you to meet so many different people in the company and allows you to network and build relationships that you wouldn't otherwise have the chance to do. It makes such a large company seem small. The positions are highly visible within the company and give the opportunity for a fast track to management. That and the experiences I'd get while rotating through different areas of the company were items I knew I could only get in this type of program.”